Experience of using regional anesthetic methods for chronic pain syndrome in cancer patients
Keywords:chronic pain, cancer pain, regional anesthesia, analgesia, catheter tunneling
AbstractPain is the most significant symptom in patients with advanced stages of cancer and causes the greatest suffering. The use of opioid analgesics may not always be sufficient for pain relief due to limitations caused by their adverse reactions, or the patient’s desire to be socially active. The article considers the possibility of using epidural anesthesia in chronic pain syndrome, optimization of the method by applying long tunneling of the epidural catheter and the use of a microinfusion pump for the administration of anesthetic. Also, optimal doses of anesthetics and opioids for epidural administration were determined. The experience of using this method of analgesia in 42 patients with severe pain syndrome showed its unconditional effectiveness. At the same time, the complexity of the implementation and subsequent control of the infusion system determines the alternative method of pain relief in case of severe pain when other means have reached their limits, or for various reasons can’t be used.
Бондарь Г.В. Хронический болевой синдром у онкологических больных. — Донецк, 2011.
Вейн А.М., Авруцкий М.Я. Боль и обезболивание. — М., 1997. — 280 с.
Гершанович М.Л., Пайкин М.Д. Симптоматическое лечение при злокачественных новообразованиях. — М., 1986. — 288 с.
Исакова М.Е. Лечение болевого синдрома у онкологических больных. — М., 1994.
Обезболивание при раке / ВОЗ. — Женева, 1994.
Опухолевые боли — поэтапная схема ВОЗ // Pharmedicum. — 1995. — Vol. 1.
Осипова Н.А., Новиков Г.А., Прохоров Б.М. и др. Фармакотерапия хронического болевого синдрома у онкологических больных // Паллиативная медицина и реабилитация. — 1997. — № 1. — С. 31-42.
Осипова Н.А., Петрова В.В. и др. Синтетические анальгетики в онкохирургии. — М., 1997.
Селеев В.Н. Опыт применения препарата MST при лечении хронического болевого синдрома в пожилом возрасте // Паллиативная медицина и реабилитация. — 1997. — № 6. — С. 31-32.
Аринова А.А. // Анестезиология и реаниматология. — 1994. — № 4. — С. 9-118.
Зотов П.Б. // Онкология. — 1999. — № 1.
Воскирчан А.Э. // Анестезиология и реаниматология. — 1996. — № 6. — С. 72-75.
Кузнецова О.Ю., Еремина Э.Э. Актуальные проблемы лекарственного обезболивания. — Л., 1989. — С. 74-78.
Шатило В.Й. Паліативна медицина. — К., 2010.
Foley K.M. // Oncology owerview. — 1993, Jan. — P. 89.
Magni G. et al. // Pharmacopsychiatry. — 1987. — Vol. 20, № 4.
Copyright (c) 2019 Practical oncology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.